Vortex Filter Recycling Seeking Buyer
Thursday, January 09, 2014
Press Release from NORA Member Vortex Recycling.
New Castle, Pennsylvania (January 9, 2014) – For Sale: Vortex Filter Recycling "World’s Largest Used Oil Filter Recycler” is by far the largest, most efficient used oil filter transportation and processing company, with the largest gross margins but lacks the sales and volume to be profitable. We are seeking a company with filter volume and skilled sales force to solve our marketing problem and to capitalize on our 48% margins.
Specifications. and accomplishments:
- Vortex Patented "Mega Crusher” turns filters into a solid extrusion that does not drip oil at 31,500 drums/mo.,1 per minute.
- At capacity historicals scale to 3,000,000 gal./yr. oil, $11,870,000/yr. sales,$4,300,000 EBITDA/yr., 48% gross profit and 36% EBITDA margins.
- Addition of new technology potential will produce additional $10 million/yr.
- We had phenomenal 25 to 85% annual growth from 2002 to Oct. 2008 placing in the INC 5000 fastest growing companies 3 years in a row. On 10-2008 The Great Recession hit us reversing the growth from 58% capacity to only 15% and with steel scrap hovering at 4.5 year lows we are very stressed and a real value buy.
- We uniquely transport filters from across US and Canada by rail to the Pittsburgh area, the highest steel scrap market. The increase in scrap value pays the rail freight making us the only competitive filter recycler coast to coast.
- We use unique drum dumpers at your route truck dock to fill 5 and 8 yard hoppers that easily fill semi vans, flats, and our bulk filter railcars for the most efficient transportation. Hoppers nest like paper cups enabling 6 truckloads worth of empties to return in 1 truck load so that 5 of 6 loads are 1 way freight. www.YouTube.com "Vortex Recycling Hopper System”.
- We cut frt. & handling costs by 45 to 85% over roll-offs and drums. We transport 1200 miles by rail for less than our competition can truck 100 miles.
- Mega Crusher squeezes an extra gallon of oil per drum of filters with no sludge or waste streams generating the highest scrap and oil value per drum.
- Filter recycling is a growth market with state filter landfill ban laws accelerating and with steel scrap value on the rise.
- All employees and current business will be kept available for retention to the best of our ability supplying an operating business. Owner, Don Kleine will be available for an employment contract to assist in the transition and operation and further development of our pyrolysis of the compacted filters as he is now running Vortex. He is very motivated to see Vortex flourish.
- We offer great territorial expansion + spare real estate and new building space serves from the top of the mountains to the south and east and Lake Erie to the north and east across OH linked by rail to your current facilities. Concrete oil containment for 126,000 gallons.View us onwww.Googleearth.com 61 Riverpark Dr., New Castle PA 16101. It is the North property with rail in one end and out the other.
- Buyer will receive ownership of about$8,700,000 in purchased assets: approx.3 acre property in New Castle, PA ideal for amassing and processing other oil and waste, new building, overhead cranes, new scales, all railroad improvements and 20.5 years of development. The majority of the assets are not the Mega Crusher but rather filter transportation and handling equipment including 22 bulk filter railcars and real estate. We are considering all bids.
- Vortex will be the simple economical solution to all of your filter problems NOW and way into the future.
Contact Don Kleine at DonK@VortexRecycling.com for offering Memoranda 619-579-9958 or 724-333-4847cell anytime.