NORA was formed in 1984 to defend responsible recyclers of
used oil from EPA’s misguided attempt to classify used oil as a hazardous
waste. Today, the members of NORA face a new threat from the recent decision by
the EPA to classify off-specification used oil fuel as a "solid waste
fuel." Additionally, NORA and its
members are concerned about EPA being challenged by Sierra Club or related
groups regarding new restrictions on on-specification used oil.
Just as NORA did in 1984, the association is challenging the EPA on their
misguided rule. A guiding principle of NORA is to promote and defend all
responsible markets for used oil. The new EPA rule will restrict responsible
markets for used oil.
The NORA Board of Directors has decided to sue EPA regarding the solid waste
rule. When challenging a Federal agency, it is imperative that a top law firm
be retained. NORA has done that by retaining the Venable Law firm.
The anticipated budget required to properly fund this important challenge is
$150,000. NORA’s annual budget does not support this type of project.
NORA needs your help. The association is asking all members to participate in
our effort to fully fund this legal challenge.
The NORA Board thanks the members who have supported this important
If you have not already supported this effort, please consider doing so today.
NORA can only fully defend all responsible markets for used oil if the
membership supports this effort.
Click here to make a donation online. Click here to view a printable defense fund contribution form.
List of Contributors to the
EPA Litigation Defense Fund
- Intergulf Corp.
- Thermo Fluids Inc.
- United Solutions Inc.
- Xeray Systems Inc
$7,500 - $9,999
- Aaron Oil Company Inc
- Beaver Oil Company Inc
- Clean Harbors Environmental Services
- Crystal Flash Energy
- Environmental Specialists Inc
- FCC Environmental
- Future Environmental Inc
- Heritage - Crystal Clean, LLC
- Noble Oil Services Inc
- NOCO Energy Corp
- Spirit Services, Inc.
- Synergy Recycling, LLC / Ricky’s Oil Service
- Tradebe Environmental Services
- Vertex Recovery, LP
- VLS Recovery Services
- Akron Canton Waste Oil Company Inc
- Central Oil & Supply, Corp
- DFW Waste Oil Service, Inc.
- EMC Oil Co
- Emerald Services Inc
- Excel Environmental Inc
- Midwest Environmental Services
- Oldcastle Materials Group
- Petrotech Southeast, Inc.
- Renegade Oil, Inc
- Sheldon Oil Services, Inc.
- Southwest Oil Inc
- Sunrise Environmental Corporation
- Systech Environmental Corp
- The McPherson Companies, Inc.
- Unitek Solvent Services Inc
- Waste Oil Collectors Inc
- Western Oil Inc
- Bedford Industries, Inc
- C Stoddard & Sons Inc
- Dexsil Corporation
- Environmental Energy, Inc.
- Georgia Petroleum Inc.
- Lube-Tech Liquid Recycling, Inc.
- Metro Environmental Inc
- Scope Marketing
- Truck Works Inc.
- Vertex Energy Inc
- Weatherford/MCC, Inc
- Agricultural Services, Inc.
- Arizona Waste Oil Services, Inc
- Enviro Waste Oil Recovery
- EnviroSolids, L.L.C.
- General Environmental Services
- ORI Recovery, Inc
- Solvents and
Petroleum Service Inc.